At times, PETA Science Consortium International e.V. features contests. Participation in these activities is subject to the following terms.
The contest organiser is PETA Science Consortium International e.V, Friolzheimer Str. 3, 70499 Stuttgart (hereinafter “organiser”).
Participation is subject solely to the following conditions.
- Natural persons 18 years of age or older are eligible to participate. Employees of the organiser and their immediate family are not allowed to participate.
- Participation in a contest is only possible within the timeframe set for the specific contest.
- Participation is free and does not require the purchase of any goods or services.
- Participation is subject to meeting all conditions listed for the specific contest. Only participants who meet the conditions can be considered. Incorrect information or incomplete participation is disqualifying. The organiser cannot be held responsible for delayed or incomplete entries.
- Participation in the contest signifies agreement with these conditions.
Transfer of Usage Rights
- By uploading any materials (such as drawings, text, and any other content or information, collectively and severally, “materials”) you declare that you – as the person authorized to do so – grant the organiser and all of the organiser’s members the exclusive right of use, unlimited in time and place, which may be transferred to other parties and confirm that the organiser can be referred to as the rightsholder. The use granted for the materials mentioned above includes all forms of use. The right of use is granted free of charge.
- The organiser shall have no obligation to preserve, return, or otherwise make available to you or others any materials. The organiser may use, reproduce, edit, display, transmit, prepare derivative works of, modify, publish, and otherwise make use of materials in any and all media, whether now known or hereinafter created, throughout the world and for any purpose, without compensation to you of any kind.
- By submitting materials to the organiser, you represent and warrant that the materials do not infringe any copyright, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy, or publicity of any person, or any other right of any third party and that you have the full and unrestricted right to transfer the materials to the organiser free and clear of any claims or encumbrances.
- You acknowledge and agree that the organiser shall have no obligation to post, display, or otherwise make publicly available any materials submitted by you.
- You acknowledge and agree that materials submitted by you may be made available by the organiser for viewing, rating, reviewing, and commenting by the public. You acknowledge that comments or ratings that you disagree with or are unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with materials that you submit to the organiser. By submitting materials to the organiser, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the materials submitted by you to the organiser.
Implementation and Management
- The prize described in more detail and offered in the specific contest will be given to the specified winner(s) as described in the contest description.
- The contest starts on the published date and ends on the date specified on the contest.
- Within one month following the end of the contest, unless otherwise stated on the specific contest page, the winner is announced and notified by e-mail. The winner must confirm that he or she has received the prize notification within five days of notification by using one of the contact methods specified. Should this confirmation not be provided, the prize will be given to another participant.
- If the prize needs to be shipped to the winner, the winner cannot claim the prize if it cannot be shipped within four weeks of notification for reasons within the winner’s control. The prize is not transferrable. It is not payable and cannot be supplemented or changed. Should the prize fail to be made available for any reason, the organiser reserves the right to give out a replacement prize of equal value.
- In cases where a third party will participate in choosing a winner, the contest entry and contact data might be shared with such a third party.
- A participant who violates the contest conditions may be excluded from the contest.
- The organiser reserves the right to exclude participants who resort to impermissible means or manipulation to gain an advantage over other participants, such as but not limited to using group participation, automatized scripts, hacking tools, Trojans, or viruses. Incorrect personal data or the use of fake profiles are also disqualifying. In such cases, prizes that have already been given out may be revoked and/or reclaimed.
Early Termination of the Contest
The organiser may terminate the contest prematurely or suspend or change it if unforeseen, uncontrollable conditions arise that complicate the planned implementation or make it unacceptable to the organiser, including, but not limited to, unauthorized intervention by third parties, uncontrollable technical problems with hardware or software beyond the organiser’s sphere of influence, and violations of the law directly connected to the implementation of the contest, especially manipulative intervention in the contest process.
- The contest is not connected to or sponsored, supported, or organised by Twitter.
- Participation in the contest or winning the contest does not entitle the participants to any claims against Twitter.
- Participants must direct any inquires and information to the organiser, not Twitter.
- Participants are not permitted to enter the contest with more than one account. Creating several accounts to try to increase one’s chances of winning the contest is prohibited.
According to the Federal Data Protection Act (Bundesdatenschutzgesetz) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the contest organiser is the responsible party:
PETA Science Consortium International e.V.
Friolzheimer Str. 3
If you participate in a contest by the organiser, the following personal data will be collected:
- First name, last name, form of address
- Date of birth
- Postal address
- E-mail address
- All information contained in a curriculum vitae
The organiser uses these data solely to select the winner, verify that no conditions have been violated, and send the prize. Accordingly, data processing is based on Article 6, Paragraph 1(b) GDPR.
In cases where a third party sends the prize out directly, we must process the relevant personal data and pass it on to the party in question. Participation signifies agreement with this.
The organiser deletes the winner’s data once they are no longer needed for this purpose. Usually, this is the case after the prize has been sent out by the third party and the organiser has made sure that it reached the winner intact.
Every participant has the right to request information about the personal data stored by the organiser, according to Article 15 GDPR. The same applies to the deletion of data by the organiser in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, the correction of data in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, and the blocking of data in accordance with Article 18 GDPR.
You have a right to object to data processing, which the organiser bases on Article 6, Paragraph 1(e) or (f) GDPR, under the conditions of Article 21 GDPR. You are also entitled to file a complaint about the processing of your data with the relevant regulating authority.
For more details, please visit Thepsci.eu/about/privacy-policy/. You can also contact our data protection officer via e-mail at [email protected].
The following exclusions and limitations concerning the organiser’s liability for damages shall apply without prejudice to other legal eligibility criteria:
- The organiser is liable without limitation if the cause of the damages is based on intent or gross negligence.
- The organiser is liable in cases of violation of essential duties because of minor negligence that imperils the fulfilment of the purpose of the contract as well as in cases of violation of duties whose fulfilment is required for the orderly implementation of the contest and in whose observance the contract partners trust. In such cases, however, the accountability of the organiser is limited to damages typical for the contract.
- The organiser is not liable for the violation of duties other than the aforementioned caused by minor negligence.
- The limitations of liability listed do not apply in cases of injury to life, limb, or health; a deficiency after having accepted a guarantee of quality for the product; or fraudulently concealed defects. Liability, according to the Product Liability Act, shall remain unaffected.
- The exclusion and limitation of the organiser’s liability also apply to the personal liability of representatives and proxies of the organiser or its employees.
- There is no right of appeal.
- The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies under exclusion of international private law and the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG), which has been incorporated into German law.
- Should any single provision of this document be or become void, the remaining provisions shall remain unaffected.